Monday, March 29, 2010

An Open Letter To Educators


The post was very good I enjoyed it and the video was great. Morgan Bayda is on point when she talks about sitting in a lecture hall and having a professor lecture for hours its hard enough to stay awake. How am I supposed to retain the information that the professor wants me to know. I think that in the world we live in and all the technology that is around us and readily available we as educators have to take advantage of that and not teach the same way that our great grandparents were taught when they were in school. We have to change the system not just conform to it.

The video was good the guy was kind of goofy but the message was great. It is not a good thing when you can learn more on the internet than when your paying thousands of dollars to go to college. This bothers me, college should be a place to deepen your education not to school you in to doing the same thing that everyone else has done. It's like a business degree many people are trying to get one here at South and they all learn the same thing they are all "schooled" the same way well when you get your degree it is hard to find a job unless you think outside of the box you do things a little bit different.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you I thought the message was great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete