Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Alice Christie Ruburic


Dr.Alice Christie Teaching Class

I chose to write my blog on the effectiveness of the rubric. I was first introduced to the rubric last semester in my Education in Diverse Society class. We had to make a rubric to take into the schools to use as a guideline for events we are looking for. At first I was not into the project, but once I started composing my rubric it started to make sense to me. A rubric is a chart that can guide students in completing a task. It contains a set of criteria and descriptions to evaluate student work.

A rubric can be very helpful in the classroom. They can be used to guide students in completion of an assignment. It can act as a set of guidelines that the teacher expects. They can be used as tools to develop the students' abilities. In the classroom, a rubric can also set a clear line for achievement levels. Rubrics are not used as much in the south, however, they are becoming more popular. I think that in the future the rubric will be a more commonly used tool for teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment