Thursday, May 6, 2010

Final Post

1.Things We Learned
a.Blogs: We learned a lot about blogs heck we had to post on our own blog every week. I think this could be usefull if used in the right way I felt that sometimes in this class the blogs seemed a little like busy work but it wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be. Blogs are a good way to let your students work be seen by the whole world.
b. Google Docs: This will be very usefull in the classroom esspecially if you are working in a school that is in a low income area you could use this so everyone is able to the same projects.
c. Podcasts : like them some can be very boring
d. Youtube: love it can be very educational if used right and can also be very addicting I know it is for me
e. Comments4Classmates: I also like this one this lets the students hear some feedback from their peers
f. Comments4kids: It was pretty neat to see what students around the world are doing
g. Itunes: this was one I was used to using but had no idea of the educational oppratunities on there all the podcast and videocast on there it was amazing
h. ItunesU: I didn't know this even existed but I did like it
i. Tmetoast Timelines: I loved these this site was very usefull I love history and think as a history teacher you could use this site on many projects and its free.
j.Google Earth: this would be very usefull in getting to know your students and where they have lived or where they have traveled
k.Delicious: didn't use it
l. ACCESS: This site has a ton of usefull things on it for teachers
m. ALEX: Another site with a ton of lesson plans for teachers
n. Technilogicall literacy: are you a technilogically literate teacher?

2. No I cant think of anything else i wouold have liked to learn that we didn't
3. No not really some things I didn't use Delecious but it was because of preference but it could be usefull
4. Timetoast Timeline actually did excite me I loved it. It was so interesting and easy to use.
5. I think the most intellectually challenging thing we did was the Podcast where I had to debate the uses of Wikipedia and how you could use it as a source just not a main source.
6. All the Blog post but it wasn't that bad just teddious.
7. I don't know if I would change anything hell if I can do it anyone can
8.I feel that after this class I am now a Technologically Literate teacher. When I cam into this class i would say I was somewhat literate now I believe that I am good to very good which is awesome.
9. I will keep using google docs and timetoast timeline and I might even blog a little I will also continue to expand my PLN.

1 comment: